Monday, September 3, 2007

Dan Wilson in Yakima

About two to three weeks ago Wes and I went to the Bears game in Yakima with my family to see Dan Wilson make an appearance on Sunday's game. We were up camping at Nooksack (near Bellingham) Friday and Saturday and I started to get the flu Saturday so we drove back to Seattle that night and didn't drive to Yakima until Sunday morning. Even though I was feeling horrible I still wanted to go to the baseball game. My parents got us tickets and Dan Wilson was my favorite Mariner (oh and I liked Jose Cruz Jr. the best too) so I had to tuff it out.

We made it to Yakima and sat only a few rows up, but the stadium really isn't that big. Every seat is pretty much a good seat. Dan was going to throw the first pitch before the game and donates all the money he made that night to a kids foundation. Usually when the Bears get famous baseball players to come make an appearance they have to pay them to come, but Dan Wilson out of the good of his heart came for free.

After his first pitch he was going to sign autographs, so my parents and I ran down and waited in line for about an hour to get his autograph. I was very excited, but while we were waiting in line I had to keep sitting down because I was so sick.

Here are some great pics from that day:



No comments: