Sunday, March 23, 2008

BBQ Salmon Salad Recipe

Last Friday, Wes was flying home from Denver and would get in around 7pm. I thought I would surprise him with a delicious dinner. This is what I came up with:

Drinks:
Big Sky IPA Beer (he had never tried this brand and he loved it, score!)

Appetizer:
Crab Cake Tarts

Main Course:
BBQ Salmon Salad
- Salmon, that I marinaded that morning in Caribbean jerk marinade. When I got home from work I BBQ'd the salmon for about 30 minutes
- Romaine Lettuce, chopped up
- Cucumbers sliced and surrounded the outside of the plate in a circle
- Walnuts crushed
- Gorgonzola Cheese
- Lentils
- Tomatoes only on my salad
- Balsamic Vinaigrette to top it off

Dessert:
I had cookie dough ice cream, but Wes doesn't like dessert, so he had a beer!

He said this was the best salad EVER!!! I think i might have to agree with him. Sorry I didn't get a picture :(

No comments: