Sunday, March 16, 2008

Trip to Bend, Oregon Day 2

Wes and I decided to catch the 8am free hotel shuttle ride up to Mt Bachelor to go skiing, even though the weather wasn't looking so good. When we were almost up there, I realized I forgot my goggles. So, we rode the shuttle back down and back up again. Luckily it only takes 25 minutes to get up to the mountain, so we were back up there by 9:30am. It was so cold, windy and snowing up there, that we only took a few runs the 5 hours we were up there. The snow was actually really nice, new and light powder, but it was just too cold.

We ate lunch at the Scapolo's Bistro in the Pine Marten lodge at the top of the hill. Then before we went home we stopped at the Clearing Rock Bar in the West Village lodge at the bottom of the hill.

When we got back into town we met up with my old co-worker Kelsey at another brewery in Bend called Cascade Lakes Brewery. They had some really good beers. For dinner Wes and I headed the a mexican restaurant the Kelsey recommended downtown called El Caporal. It was some of the best spicy salsa I've ever had.

Here are some pics of the day:
Wes and I in the Shuttle up to Mt Bachelor

Cascade Lake Brewery - Bend, OR

Wes wearing his new headband... sexy!

1 comment:

KSweens said...

Ha-ha, I'm famous :) I made your blog! I totally came across this by accident. No - I was not googling my name :)
I was looking up information about the salon where you got your hair cut. Too cute! I'm totally going there. Glad we could connect where you were here. Come back (and stay) soon!