Tuesday, July 29, 2008

What Softshell Jacket should I get?

Does anyone have a softshell jacket that they love? I need to get one, but I want to make sure it's versatile. I would like to use it for a casual everyday coat in the cold, windy, rainy seattle, under my ski jacket and hiking, depending on the weather. Should I get a light weight or mid weight softshell? I was thinking more of a mid weight, since I get so cold so fast. It would need to be water resistant and windproof, but also breathable. I found a great one at REI today, but the color was pretty bland.

Take a look at REI online The REI Neo jacket is the one I tried on today, but I really liked the Marmot Leadville Jacket. They didn't have it in the store in my size, but they have it online. Which one looks good to you?

No comments: