Sunday, October 19, 2008

Coconut Halibut Recipe

I found an awesome recipe today from Food Down Under for Baked Coconut Halibut. The only thing I took out of the recipe was the green chiles. I thought they would take over the coconut flavor and ruin the taste.

I baked for 3 people; Wes, my bro and I. I baked it 5 extra minutes since I use halibut steaks.

Here are the ingredients:
1/2 lb - Halibut fillets finely chopped
1/6 cup - Vegetable oil
1/2 cup - Grated fresh coconut
1/2 lrg - Onion finely chopped
1 - Garlic cloves finely chopped
1 - Canned mild green chiles chopped
1/4 tsp - Salt
1/2 tsp - Curry powder
1 tbl - Unsalted cashews chopped
1/2 tbl - Lemon juice
1 - Eggs lightly beaten

Saute coconut in 1 tablespoon oil until lightly browned. Saute onion in remaining oil until tender but not browned. Add garlic, chiles, salt, and curry powder and cook, stirring, 2 minutes. Add coconut, nuts, and halibut. Cook 2 minutes. Cool slightly. Mix lemon juice with eggs and add to skillet. Divide halibut mixture among 3 oiled squares of aluminum foil. Wrap tightly and place on a baking sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.

No comments: