Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Seattle Wedding DJ Sounds Unlimited

After attending the Fall Bridal Show back in September, I received some calls from Vendors. A few of them called once or twice, but there were two that really annoyed me. It was Sounds Unlimited a Wedding DJ and Superior Services - a company that gives you a free trip if you attend their meetings and watch a video. There will be separate blog post for Superior Services.

Sounds Unlimited is apparently Northwests Best DJ Service and has received lots of awards from Seattle Brides Mag and etc... Well unfortunately I was not able to find out if they were good DJ's or not because the sales guy kept calling and calling until I got annoyed with them.

It all started off when I entered a contest to win a free DJ for my wedding at the Fall Bridal Show. Ben Gaul or Benjamin Gaul called me and left a message saying I was picked in their drawing and I won 2nd place, which is free music for my wedding. After not being able to get a hold of him for a few days he finally told me I won a free CD for my wedding. Are you kidding me, who cares about 1 CD. I then sent him an email with my address so he could send the CD to me. They wouldn't send it in the mail, they were going to make me drive all the way up to Lynnwood to get it. PLUS, I would have to make an appointment to talk about my wedding DJ ideas to get this CD.

After that I didn't call them or email them back. Ben Gaul kept calling at least once a week and sent over 8 emails in 2 months. I finally emailed him back telling him that we were going to find a local DJ and he kept prying to try to find out who.

He emailed me again after I didn't email him back asking if I was still looking for a DJ. I already told him I'm looking for someone local to our wedding.

This was the last email he wrote me:Hello Jodi,
Thank you very much for letting me know you’ve found a DJ. I mean that. Sincerely. I swear, there are brides out there who must think all DJ’s have a psychic network that tells us when a couple has chosen their entertainment, and why do we keep calling?! May I venture so far as to ask the Who and the Why? You said “local DJ”, but I show your address is Seattle. Way local for us. Usually, our competition only gets to book a client if Sounds Unlimited is booked solid that day. I don’t mean to come off as braggadocios, but we don’t keep winning all these awards by accident, and easily half our business is referral from brides and vendors who have seen our work in person. Consequently, the DJ you’ve chosen over Sounds Unlimited must either be truly exceptional, or exceedingly… Affordable? Either way, could you tell me who you chose to be your DJ? Thank you again for considering Sounds Unlimited, and I know you will have a spectacular wedding. Warmest Regards, Benjamin Gaul


My reply:
Ben, You seem like a nice guy, but I couldn't deal with all the calls and emails. It was just too much. I considered you guys at first, but after calling/emailing so many times it drives customers away. It takes many months for people to decide on a DJ, so 2 calls/emails would be enough if your company is that well known for being superior. Good luck on future endeavours, ~Jodi


Brides, my advice to you is don't give this company your email or phone number unless you know for sure you want to book them.

2 comments:

Megan said...

OMG! What the hell kind of email is that? That is so completely unprofessional! You were very nice to him considering the circumstances.

Anonymous said...

Hi...thanks for the information about this dj service...I just got a call from him too...I don't even remember entering the contest, but I will be sure to get rid of him somehow!