Thursday, May 3, 2007

Pasta Freska

Last night I went out to dinner with my boyfriend, his friend and his wife. We went to Pasta Freska, this great little Italian pasta/seafood/pizza place on Westlake. Everyone else had been there before, but it was my first time. We sat down and Wes's friend told me there was no menu. At first I was freaked out, but then I realized I didn't have to make any choices and they just kept bring me different plates of food. It was almost like sampling 5 to 8 different delicious dishes.

This is what we ate:
1. Eggplant with a great creamy sauce and cheese on top
2. Italian and Greek Salad with cucumbers, feta cheese and a tomato.
3. A Whole Lobster taken out of its shell, sitting on top of it. It must have been cook in some good sauce, because this was the best dish.
4. Steak, but I didn't eat this dish. (No bloody meat for me)
5. Pasta with red sauce and meat or I had Spicy Pasta with artichokes, red/green peppers, onions and olives.
6. A small round piece of Chicken, stuffed with cheese, pine nuts and spinach. There was a brown sweet sauce over it that looked like gravy, but didn't taste anything like gravy. I'm sure this one wasn't healthy, but it tasted yummy.
7. Salmon with red tomato sauce on the top.
8. Dessert - Tiramisu, Berry Gelato and a Chocolate Cake