Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Flight and 1st day in Mildenhall, England

Right now, I'm about to go to a pub in Mildenhall after being up for over 29 hours. My journey started Tuesday morning at 6am when I woke up in Seattle and spent the morning with Wes. We hung out, got coffee, etc.. before he took me to airport around 9:45am (pacific time).

My first flight was about 4 1/2 hours to Cincinnati. I sat next to this friendly guy from Seattle who runs a shoe company called Chooka . He was on his way to the Kentucky Derby to meet with some business clients and try to get celebs to wear his products (rubber/rain boots). He ended up falling asleep right when the movie "The Golden Compass" started playing. It was an interesting fantasy movie. It has hit the press, because of the controversy to its reference with 'god'. I would recommend watching it, it was pretty good.

We landed and I had to catch my 8:00pm (eastern time) flight to London/Gatwick. There was about an hour to spare, so I walked up and down the international terminal and grabbed some food. The flight to London was pretty empty, so I got my own little area to myself. Being unlucky, I picked a row, that its arm rests didn't move up, so I couldn't lay down.

Guess what movie they played first on this flight... o yeah that's right "The Golden Compass" AGAIN! During the 2nd movie, I was trying to fall asleep, but really only dozed off and on for about 45 minutes. After 8 hours of sitting in that seat, we landed at 9:15am in London!!

It took me 4 transfers to meet Jessica up at the Redbridge station on the Central Train up north. From the airport I got onto the Gatwick Express to downtown London (30 minutes), then transferred to the Victoria to the Central Train (15 minutes), then took the central train up to Leystone (25 minutes) and finally switched Central trains so I could make it to redbridge (15 minutes). I was only 45 minutes late to meet Jess, but she had only been there about 25 minutes.

It takes about an hour to drive back to Jess's house in Mildenhall. We got there and started playing Rock Band and then ran some errands. Nicole and I had to get passes to go onto the airforce base to run errands with Jess, so that took quiet a while. Once on the base, we got coffee, chatted with the caterer, went to the store and hung out with Jess's Mom and Bro.

After running all those errands, we ate at a Chinese restaurant called Dragon House for dinner. It was very good and they didn't over stuff you with food. Once we were full we headed back to Jess's place and played some more Rock Band. I'm starting to get good at the drums!

Since there was still 4 hours left of the night, we headed to a Mexican restaurant were we drank, ate and had some good conversation. The restaurant/bar was pretty empty, so we took off and headed to the tanning salon. I did the stand up for 5 minutes and then we went home for bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This year more than ever rainy days have their style with chooka rain boots. You'll wish it would rain every day...

And don't miss the new collection http://shopwisebuysmart.com/ChookaRainBoots/