Thursday, May 1, 2008

2nd Day in London & Mildenhall, England

Today, we headed into London to shop and just walk around the city. Jess drove us (Nicole, Mark, Tammy and I) all to the redbridge station about 1 1/2 hours from Mildenhall and then rode the train into downtown London. We got off at Oxford Street and went to the H&M. One of the of my favorite stores that will be coming to Seattle in August!

We walked all the way to Piccadilly Circus and then to the Victoria station and had lunch over there. I ate at Spuds U Like, a fast food potato restaurant. What a great idea to have a baked potato restaurant. It's very healthy and filling for fast food.

After lunch we walked to Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abby, Big Ben/Parliament, across the Thames River and down past the London Eye. I had seen all of the last year, but it was neat to see again. We stopped at a sweets place along the river and I got some caramel fudge gelato. The rest of our crew got some yummy chocolates.

We decided to head back to Mildenhall and grab some dinner. We cooked a frozen lasagna and watched the tv series Dirty, with Courtney Cox's in it. It's actually a pretty good show, kinda addicting.

Before we went to bed, we played Rock Band for 2 -3 hours. I'm starting to get good at guitar, drums and even singing!!!

I think I'm only going to get 4-5 hours of sleep tonight.. TIME FOR BED!!

No comments: