Sunday, May 4, 2008

5th Day in Mildenhall, England

We were all thinking about going to Stonehenge, so I set the alarm for 7:30am. I was way to tired, Nicole wasn't up and Tim didn't have any clean clothes, so we didn't end up going. I slept in till 11am, man I was tired.

We met Jess and Matt back at the reception hall and ate some brunch. I guess they do this on the weekend for everyone that lives on the base. It's a buffet style all you can eat brunch. I had a lot of carbs; biscuits, waffles, potatoes and a Turkish pudding roll.

Once we got back from brunch we went to Jess's place and hung out for a bit before Jess, Nicole and I went to the cathedral in Ely, England. What a beautiful place to see. It almost reminded me of the Notre Dame in Paris. After we walked through the cathedral we walked around the downtown of Ely, but everything had closed by 5pm, even the coffee shops. How weird is that. I guess they don't work as much as us.

We were thinking of eating at Prezzo's in Ely, but it didn't work out with both families, so we headed to Cambridge and had dinner at Nando's. I got the same thing I ordered last year when we went to Nando's; the Mediterranean salad with chicken.

There was an arcade/bowling alley right next to Nando's, so we played a few games after dinner and I didn't win anything. It was pretty lame.

We headed back and I packed, played on the computer and went to bed.

No comments: