Friday, December 14, 2007

1st Day in San Fran

I left Seattle at 6:15am and landed in San Francisco around 8:20am. It was a great flight and there was no one sitting in the middle of the three seats in my row, so I had extra room to stretch out. My bag was sent to San Fran the night before, so it was there waiting for me when I got to baggage claim. That was nice not to wait 20 minutes.

I found the Bart (Bay Area Rapid Transit) and took it downtown San Fran to Hotel Fusion where we are staying. The hotel is in a great location, right in the middle of the shopping area, about two blocks from Westfield Mall and about 3 blocks from Wes's work. I made it to the hotel and got ready for the day, since all my makeup was in my bag that was already in San Fran.

Before heading to Wes's office and getting lunch with his co-workers I had some time to do a little shopping. I went to FCUK and DSW Shoes for about an hour. There were some fashion sneakers that I really liked. It was about noon, so I headed to Wes's office and we went and got sandwiches at Witch Craft. It's a very popular sandwich shop where lots of business professionals eat.

After lunch I found a really cute casual black dress at Armani Exchange. I also ended up buying those cute fashion sneakers at DSW Shoes and at H&M 3 shirts and 1 belt. Wes's friend Parker told me about a great gelato place in the Westfield Mall called Melt, so I decided to get a treat. There were so many good flavors it was hard to choose, but I picked the Toasted Coconut Almond Fudge gelato. And man, it was as good as it sounds.

It was about dinner time and Wes was almost done with work, so I met him at his office. About 20 - 30 of Wes's company and I went to an Irish pub called the Irish Bank for dinner and drinks. It was a really great pub, with a good atmosphere and great people. We were there for about 4 hours and I got to know his co-workers and they are tons of fun!

No comments: