Friday, December 14, 2007

My Flight to San Francisco

My trip to San Francisco has been great, but it had a bumping start. My flight out of Seattle on Wednesday night was suppose to take off at 8:30pm, but it was running 45 minutes late. I had a connecting flight in Portland that I was going to miss because of this delay, so they told everyone who was going to San Fran, not to get on the flight. They made the San Fran passengers wait until everyone boarded before they told us not to get on, geez!

They had no other flights to San Fran that night, so I was stuck in Seattle. They rescheduled my flight for 6:15am the next morning with a direct flight to San Fran. There was a couple that didn't live here, so they put them up in a hotel and gave them a free dinner. Since I wanted to go home, they gave me $100 worth of coupons for a later Alaska flight.

Alaska Air did a pretty good job in helping us out and they were really nice. I had this same issue before with connecting flights and delays with US Airways a few years ago coming back from Las Vegas (connecting in San Fran). US Airways wouldn't even put us up in a hotel for free. They were going to give us a discount rate of $70 dollars to probably stay at run down motel in San Fran, so we ended up sleeping on the floor in the airport where all the terminals are. It was so cold and we couldn't get to the gates where you wait for your flight, because they closed security.

No comments: